Here’s Hal’s backyard briefing from week 5 of a full month of criminal defense stories and conversations.
Despite a few massive distractions, we’ve soldiered ahead with our promised editorial calendar, to include the following excellent things:
- Oliver Mackson’s fantastic criminal defense story in Pursuit: “As an ex-reporter, I tend to meander when diving into cases. Here’s why.“
- Hal’s interview with David Guinn addressing That Question we always get: “Q&A with a Defense Attorney: ‘How Can You Defend Criminals?'”
- Webinar starring Allison Clayton, post-conviction attorney & deputy director of the Innocence Project of Texas
- Robert Gardner’s excellent explainer story: “Credit Reports for Investigators: Tread with Care”
- Mike Spencer’s flawless guide to bingeworthy podcasts for PIs: “A PI’s True Crime Podcast Roundup“
One more thing: If you haven’t already, please take 10 minutes to fill out our survey. We want to know how investigators are keeping themselves safe and their businesses afloat during this extraordinary situation, and what they think about the future of the industry.
You can find that link here: What Does the Future Hold? A Survey for Investigators. We’ll collect this info until midnight 3/31, then publish the findings later in the week.