Cut-Tex™ PRO is a groundbreaking combination of high-tenacity, high-modulus polyethylene fibres – combined with several other “technical fibres” – weaved by special high-density knitting machines, resulting in an outstanding cut and slash resistant clothing and fabric.
PPSS Body Armour, the company which produces UK Home Office certified body armour and stab vests for clients around the globe, says its Cut-Tex™ PRO could be the world’s best, which is reinforced by passing the stringent British and European blade cut resistant standard 388 6.2 Level 5 – the highest level possible for textiles or protective gloves.
The CEO of PPSS Robert Kaiser said: “The potential applications for our world-beating knife, bite and slash resistant clothing is endless. Already there has been a huge amount of interest in Cut-Tex™ PRO from countries all over the World, especially those countries experiencing extremely hot summer months.
“PPSS Body Armour specialises in developing unique, bespoke knife protective clothing for local government, law enforcement, emergency services, prison service, hospital staff, schools and private security companies around the world.
“With Cut-Tex™ PRO, we now have a slash and cut resistant textile that is incredibly lightweight and breathable, and we have already been able to manufacture a number of bespoke slash resistant items, all using this great new fabric as inner or outer layer:
- Slash resistant sweatshirts for prison officers, security professionals and factory workers for one of the world’s leading metal pressing companies.
- Slash resistant sleeves for professional working within the field of ‘challenging behaviour’ or ‘special needs’.
- Slash resistant boiler suits for high security mental health hospitals and prison’s ‘first response units’.
- Slash-resistant work trousers for refuse collectors
- Slash resistant gloves for security professionals, law enforcement and emergency services.
“BS EN 388:2003 Level 5 is the highest level you can achieve for testing knife, bite and slash resistant clothing or cut resistant gloves and our high performance fabric Cut-Tex™ PRO has passed this protection level with flying colours. This is why we believe it is only a matter of time before our Cut-Tex™ PRO slash resistant clothing saves a human life.
“‘Prevention is better than cure’ and ‘better safe than sorry’ are two sayings which make more sense within personal safety than anywhere else.
“Issuing knife and slash resistant clothing can mean preventing potentially fatal injuries.”